2 cups Brussels sprouts
¼ cup dried cherries
¼ cup pine nuts
2 tbsps olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- Trim ends and wash Brussels sprouts well.
- Parboil for 7–9 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Chop dried cherries into small pieces.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, dried cherries, pine nuts, and salt.
- Transfer to baking sheet, ensuring the Brussels sprouts are in one layer, and roast for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired and serve.
Used with permission from The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016