As I continue on my weight loss journey, I have been learning of ways to be able to get my body to burn fat instead of glucose.
You see on most diets, people can lose weight, but the problem is they lose muscle along with fat.
Then when they go off their diet, they aren’t burning as many calories due to muscle loss. Then they yo-you up and down the scale, each time increasing their body fat.
I’ve personally struggled with this for years.
So how do we get our body to burn fat instead of glucose?
Initially I started on the HCG Diet and I’m currently on round two of it. It works great to reset your body to burn fat instead of glucose, as you can see from my pictures. But I still don’t recommend it to anyone because it’s an extreme diet that must be followed precisely or it won’t work.
But I am looking at alternative ways to burn fat instead of glucose
The HCG Diet is not meant for long term. In fact you do it in 40 day intervals, followed by maintenance breaks in between.
But I don’t want to just maintain my weight in during the next three months. I’d like to keep burning fat while keeping or building more muscle.
Enter Dr. Mercola’s new book on how to burn fat instead of glucose
I’ve just skimmed through Dr. Mercola’s book available on Amazon:
But so far it’s very interesting and makes sense to me and I’ll be posting more on how it works and my results on it. But it looks very promising.
The list of foods to eat in order to burn fat instead of glucose look like something that would work for me long term
It’s important to find a plan that will fit into your lifestyle. There are no two people with the same exact body and needs. Well maybe the exception would be twins.
But here is the list of foods to eat:
- Brussels sprouts
- Salad greens
- Saute greens
After you are fat adapted, you can add back in limited amounts of:
- Winter squash in very limited amounts
- Berries – about a small handful in place of a serving of vegetables
- Grapefruit – a few sections again replacing a vegetable serving
- Grass fed beef
- Pork – including limited amounts of bacon and sausage
- Poultry – pastured and organic
- Seafood – wild caught fish and shellfish
- Sardines and anchovies
- Wild game meats
- Eggs – Pastured and organic
- Organ meats (This means I can have my chicken gizzards and hearts)
Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Coconut – including unsweetened meat, milk, cream, and flour
- Chia seeds
- Hemp hearts and seeds (my personal favorite which is rich in omega 3’s and 6’s in perfect balance)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Black cumin seeds
- Flax seeds
- Pickles – naturally fermented with salt and no vinegar
Fats and Oils
- Coconut oil
- MCT oil
- Cocoa butter
- Raw, organic butter or ghee that is grass fed
- Lard or tallow from organic animals
- Other saturated animal fats, such as duck fat
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fermented vegetables
- Stevia – liquid organic drops
- Lo han kuo or monk fruit
- Truvia (although Dr. Mercola doesn’t recommend it, because there is not enough information on it yet, he does say it could show promise)
Overall the food choices look great for burning fat instead of glucose
But it’s not a free for all to eat all you can.
I haven’t read the rest of the book yet, but just wanted to show you all the great food choices.
If you are vegan or a vegetarian, just pick the non meat items off the list
Again my favorite choice is hemp hearts and hemp seeds. They taste great and have a healthy balance of omega 3’s and 6’s.
In addition to eating the right foods to burn fat instead of glucose here are some other things I did to help me lose the weight and keep it off
I take CBD oil 2 to 3 times per day.
A big part of my weight loss and for other people too is mental issues such as anxiety and depression. CBD oil may not be a cure all, but it can sure help to minimize the problems.
I take only the top of the line full spectrum, non-GMO and organic CBD oil.
I take garcinia cambogia before each meal.
I just use 6 sprays immediate before each meal to suppress my appetite so I don’t overeat.
The spray tastes great and works.
Finally I get a good nights sleep.
I find I shed a lot of my weight at night while I’m sleeping.
If I don’t get a good night’s sleep, I tend to be stuck at my current weight.
I use a sleep spray that contains valerian root and melatonin.
So there you have my tips on how I get my body to burn fat instead of glucose to lose my weight.
To sum it up:
- Eat foods that reset your body to burn fat instead of glucose.
- Get your mental state right. I use CBD oil to help.
- I use garcinia cambogia to suppress my appetite.
- I use sleep spray with melatonin and valerian root to get a good night’s sleep.